Monday, June 2, 2014

The K-Love Fan Awards RECAP!


Matthew West making fun of Toby with Candice
So, the K-Love Fan Awards just ended. They were FANTASTIC!!! If you don't know what K-Love is, I better get that out of the way. K-Love is a Christian radio station. Last year was their first annual K-Love Fan awards. Well, they decided to do it again this year. The awards are in Nashville but, for three days, they broadcast it live on the radio for the convenience of those who couldn't make it to the event. And you know what's even cooler? The winners of the awards are chosen by the fans!!! Yup! Over two million people voted for the results we got last night! And...for every five hundred thousand votes, they built a house for a homeless family in Detroit. They were willing to built up to four houses so, we unlocked all the houses! The awards themselves were hosted by Matthew West and Candice Cameron Bure (both nominees in the awards). They both brought a pretty entertaining show( mainly Matthew West). Matthew West even took the time to make fun of TobyMac during the show. I think he should be a comedian. But, now, let's skip over to the results. The winners - Best live show - TobyMac. Song of the year -.Mandisa with Overcomer. Artist of the year - Casting Crowns. Worship song of the year - Oceans by Hillsong United . Book Impact-You'll get through this by Max Lucado. Group/Duo of the year - Newsboys (I saw them in concert,by the way. AMAZING!!!). Film/Telivisoin Impact - God's not dead (Still haven't seen that one but, I've heard great things about it and...the Newsboys are in it. I'll try and swing by the theater next week and post my review). First Christian artist to appear on a 7UP can( A lot of people didn't get that award title. Basically, whoever got the most votes got to be on a 7UP can) - Jamie Grace. Sports Impact - Thomas Davis. Male Artist of the year - Chris Tomlin. It was a great award show and all of the artists were honored just to be nominated.  The band Anthem Lights even wrote a Mash-Up of all the Song of the year nominees. I"m going to be honest, I LOVE Anthem Lights so, when I heard that they were doing something for K-Love I inwardly squealed with delight. In fact, I didn't want to ruin the surprise but, my next blog post is going to have a siable portion dedicated to them and their works. #getexcited
Anthem Lights behind Max Lucado as he receives his Book impact award
Now, I'm sure you all want to hear the K-Love Mash up so, here it is!
Awesome stuff, if I do say so myself. But enough about them. You'll hear plenty more in due time. If you were like me, you probably didn't sit for three days straight and sacrifice eating and probably sleeping, to hear the ENTIRE awards all weekend. So, I was just praying that they would post the actual award ceremony but, I doubted it. Well, I was delightfully surprised! They didn't post the entire thing but, they DID post the first hour...which was , ironically, the very part I missed. And, I'm going to let you all watch it too, if you'd like. They had some great performances. I was actually a little disappointed that they didn't have my boy, TobyMac come out and give us one of the award winning performances he does. But, I WAS excited when he didn't take any of the credit. "I'd like to thank my band, Diverse City. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be here. I'm just so honored. And thank you to the fans for choosing to listen to my music. Bumpin' it up in your minivan. Thank y'all so much." I just loved that part. Anyway, here's the awards video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlHLPjeeHWA. Hope you enjoyed it as much as me and I can't WAIT until next year. -KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment