Tuesday, June 10, 2014

When modern worship meets Christian Rap

Lecrae
Modern worship and rap don't usually mix together...do they? Well, Lecrae is an exception. I'm sure you already know that he's the number one guy in Christian rap. But in case you don't, let's talk about him real quick (yeah, right. When do I EVER talk about someone 'Real quick?'). Mr. Lecrae. Let's see. Oh yeah! He won a Grammy Award. Not sure if you saw that last year. But, even if you didn't, there wasn't much to watch. He had somebody else get it on his behalf because he got stuck on the Red carpet, you know, mobbed by fans and whatever. Well, at least he won it! But he didn't stop there. He's still going hard. Now, he's branched out to do more than just colab with those who do rap. He's now doing collaborations with people like David Crowder and Chris Tomlin. Amazing people but, you probably wonder how that would sound and how they were able to pair the two genres. Well, it actually worked out quite nicely.  Here's the Crowder one:

 Amazing accomplishments Lecrae has done. But, what about he people who don't have that much publicity? Those artists that hardly ANYONE knows about? Well, I think they deserve some publicity too. There's some serious talent out there that goes unnoticed, which is messed up. So, let's talk about my favorite underground artist, V. Rose. Amazing singer but, sadly, not many people know about her. She was discovered by rapper, Flame, formerly from Cross Movement Records.  When I first heard of her, shes was featured in his song, Surrender. I'd already been a fan of Flame for awhile. and it was a REALLY good song. At first, I wondered, "Who IS this amazing singer??" I son found out once the official video came out. V. Rose only has two albums out. The second one having come out about a month ago. She's definitely stepped up her game and I'm a total fan. I mean, how much Christian electro pop exists out there?? Frankly, not much. So, V. Rose really has accomplished more than a lot of better-known female artists have. And, that being said, I'll go ahead and leave you with a song from her new album, "Forever After." ~KJ



No comments:

Post a Comment