Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Winter Jam, Kari Jobe and The Escape

Hey guys! I'm happy to say that there's some really cool stuff coming your way this Fall! First of all, The Winter Jam Tour Spectacular 2014!!!! I'm sure a lot of you have heard of it. To those who haven't heard of it - It's Christian Music's largest ever tour! Yesterday they announced the west coast tour dates/line up. I can say for a fact that it's an amazing concert. Last year, I had the privileged of attending Winter Jam and LOVED every second of it. Headlining Hillsong United and featuring artists like Jeremy Camp, Trip Lee and Everfound, the concert is only $10 at the door. No tickets required! It's going to be fantastic!
To find dates, times and locations, please click on the link - http://www.jamtour.com/
Next! I"m excited to announced that our beloved Kari Jobe is getting married! Singer/songwriter, Cody Carnes just proposed to her yesterday and naturally, she said YES! 


They also have done a song together in the past you most likely have heard on the radio or in church:



Moving on to the next BIG thing - Anthem Lights. HUGE, GINORMOUS NEWS ABOUT THEM!!!! No, It's not the fact that Caleb got married (which is cool), or the fact that Alan and Brycie are having another baby (which is even more cool). No. It's this: Anthem Lights have a new album coming out!!!!!! Okay, yeah. I sort of freaked out when I heard about that...and am sort of still freaking out about it.
I"m going to go ahead and let you see the album cover. 
It's called "Escape" and they're been posting little teasers if it lately. The release date is October 7th. But, they know their fans don't like to wait so, they're going to let their first single out next month. Also, you can hear another single from the new album called, "Best Thing" on their YouTube Channel. The Escape record is also going to have a T-Shirt. Speaking of which, if you want to get some discounted merch, go ahead and check out their shop site right here - https://shopanthemlights.com/store. Here's another thing: They still DO have one or two Official Music Videos coming out from their "Cover Part III" project. So, that's something to get stoked about as well. They did a Google+ Hangout last night where they discussed several things they're working on right now and also, answered a few twitter questions. I'd like to address one thing real quick. I really like the way Anthem Lights handle themselves. There are quite a few haters out there who disagree with the fact that they are a pop band. Plain and simple. Frankly, I don't know why. They don't compromise and they're made it CLEAR that what they do is a ministry to reach out, not only to believers but also to non-believers. I think it's a great thing they're doing and I'll just say this: Please do not have on Anthem Lights! They are godly, Christian men who are trying to do a ministry! If you do not agree with their methods then I'd probably be better hat you didn't listen to them ...or at least the songs you disagree with for one reason or another, than flooding their social media with hate comments. It's not cool to hate on other Christians. :\ Also, I think I forgot to mention: "Escape" is an album of originals, not covers.  The purpose of the record is positive, uplifting and God-honoring. Plus...it's pink. I mean, c'mon. Who can resist a pink album cover?? Not me. ;) 
Anyway, that's about it for now! I hope you guys enjoyed it! Love and peace out! ~KJ



No comments:

Post a Comment